Plant Operations and Analysis System (POAS)
Approach and Methodology for POAS Programme Are
- Operators/HODs/Plant Heads would fully leverage the common and support POAS established by the top management would also evolve/ lay down standards and policy guidelines, provide technical and handholding support, undertake capacity building, R&D etc.
- The existing/ on going improvement initiatives would be suitably revamped to align them with the principles of POAS programme. Capacity utilization, Process Reengineering, use of integrated & interoperable systems and deployment of emerging monitoring methods like OEE, Down time analysis, Spares management …. etc
- Manufacturing plants would be given flexibility to identify specific Improvement projects in line to management expectations.
- POAS would be promoted through a centralised initiative to the extent necessary, to ensure centric data collection form entire plant.
- Successful projects would be identified and their replication promoted proactively with the required data and customisation wherever required.
- OEMs and subject matter experts would be preferred wherever feasible to implement Capacity or quality improvement projects with adequate management and strategic control